Mulled wine is a great way to sip your way into the season. The aromas that will fill your home while one of our delicious reds is gently infused with spices will truly make it feel like the holidays.
HOW TO PLAY
1. Brew or sip your mulled wine & post a picture of your at home creation and/or wine shop experience to Instagram
2. Tag @westsidewinetrail and @volcanichillswi on your picture
3. Use the following hashtags in your post #WWTscavengerhunt #sipintotheseason #17
- 2 x 750 ml bottles of Volcanic Hills Gamay Noir, Lava Red, or Merlot
- 10 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 1 whole nutmeg, cracked into a few pieces
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 1 clementine or mandarin orange - unpeeled and cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1/4 cup Brandy
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat, toast the cloves, cinnamon, star anise, nutmeg, coriander, and peppercorns, stirring occasionally until aromatic, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the wine, sugar, and clementine or mandarin to a saucepan along with the spices. Note: The spices can be added to a small sachet, but it is not necessary.
- Heat the wine mixture uncovered for 1 hour to infuse it with the spices. The mixture should steam, but take care as to never let it boil.
- Using a pair of tongs, gently and carefully squeeze the juice from the citrus fruit into the wine mixture. Remove any seeds that may be expelled into the wine.
- Discard the juiced citrus pieces and the sachet. Stir the brandy, Grand Marnier, and vanilla into the wine and taste.
- Add more sugar if needed to round out the flavours but not so much that it tastes sweet. Serve warm in your favourite glass mug.
Until January 3rd- Save 15% off your purchase of 2 bottles or more of
to create your own Sip into the Season Experience at home!
Use code: MERRY&MULLED
at checkout or in the wine shop.