If you are the type of people who like to entertain, but not be a slave to the kitchen - we have a dish that is sure to impress without a lot of fuss! When paired with our Gidda Family Estates Pinot Gris that has a kiss of oak, this classic recipe from The Silverplate Cookbook will have everyone wishing there were seconds... of food, and bottles of wine! The classic Mediterranean flavours found in this dish work perfect with the juicy acidity and light kiss of treefruit and oak found in our textural and complex Pinot Gris.
Your only regret will be that you didn't chill two bottles, and double the recipe.
1. In a large bowl combine garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, vinegar, olive oil, prunes, olives, capers with caper juice, and bay leaves. Add the chicken pieces and coat completely with the marinade. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
3. Prepare the chicken in heavy bottomed pyrex dish or dutch oven – Note this may take 2 pans. Arrange the chicken in a single layer in one or two large, shallow baking pans and spoon marinade over the pieces evenly. Sprinkle brown sugar over the chicken and pour white wine around them.
4. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, basting frequently with the pan juices. Chicken is done when a sharp knife inserted into the thigh pieces at their thickest point run with clear yellow juices (not pink).
5. With a slotted spoon, move the chicken, prunes, olives, and capers to a serving platter. Pour some of the pan juices over the chicken and sprinkle generously with parsley.
Serve with pan juices and a bottle of our 2020 Gidda Family Estate Pinot Gris!